Friday 31 December 2010

I haven't done much work on the Forest of Ghosts over Xmas. Not because I've been busy with family and festivities, but because I'm still distracted by a Facebook game, and because my tom cat, Mr Kitty, has discovered that laptops are warm and comfortable, just as one of my female cats, Megaera, discovered that so is my chair. I could move them both. Unlike my third cat, Claudia, neither are prone to fits of growling and biting and clawing, should I try and do anything as awful as to shift them away, but it's Xmas, and they're cute, so I've chosen to leave them alone. As a result I've only done about two hundred words in the last week and a bit, but I do have two happy cats. (Claudia moved away on her own, discovering radiators are better for warmth than laptops)

But the Xmas holidays are almost over, and along with the cats having to be shifted, it's time for resolutions. Along with the usual, lose weight, I have two, finish the Forest of Ghosts, and do some proper networking and book promotion for the Shadow Seer. It should be out in print before too long but even if it isn't, I need to get my butt in gear and do conventions, meet some other writers, meet some readers, that sort of thing. BristolCon, in November, organised by my friend and fellow writer, Joey Hall, is a must. Hopefully there will be other sorts of things along the way. For now though there is a cup of coffee waiting for me.

I hope everyone has a good and safe New Year's Eve. See you in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment