Monday 20 June 2011





Well it's coming along. Slowly. I'm getting to a point where I need to try and fit things into the right places, like a jigsaw. Things have to develop at a natural pace, not just within the book's time, but within the words that you're writing, that is, it has to be a few days for Candale, but also a few scenes for the reader, otherwise it all seems piled on top of each other and rushed. I remember when reading the Tamir Trilogy by Lynn Flewelling, in the last book the wife of the King went from hate to love very quickly (and the other way for another character) which seemed very unnatural to me. A lot of time might have passed, but without the scenes to show the development, it just seemed sudden. And that's what I'm dealing with now. Candale needs to make someone jealous enough to strike him, but I need to develop that jealousy properly.

Also working on my book launch BBQ. Hoping to get a cake with a picture of the cover on it. Tasty. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment